Monday, April 20, 2009

I had just honked my horn at someone on the way home from work (DC Erin still comes out every now and then).  Typical Mondays of RUSH, RUSH, RUSH! Then I pulled onto my street. I was knocked into the present by all of the colors. Maybe it was because it had just rained and everything looked magnified, but it was energizing. I saw pinks, purples, red, white, and of course, my favorite: every shade of green. I think in Mississippi the Dogwoods have come and gone, but here they are just putting on their show. This urged me to take a breath, throw on my raincoat and check on my plants. Maybe I was intoxicated by ride home, but I swear, the little plants looked bigger! And one of my lettuce plants actually looked like it had some leaves that would be soon enough to eat! I almost snapped that sucker off right then and threw some buttermilk ranch on it, but I held back. Just like me, I know it will grow into something bigger and better! Well, for me, maybe just better, not bigger. 

1 Comments:

At April 21, 2009 at 10:47 AM , Blogger CAM said...

So exciting! I need to visit this garden :) When will you be in Mississippi again?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home