Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dogwood Festival Parade, Market, My Street and Wisteria
















I had a weekend full of farmer's market, dogwood festival parades, and enjoying Downtown Charlottesville. We have had record highs here and my plants seem to like it. The spinach is beginning to look like spinach! I am struggling with knowing how much to water during this unusual amount of heat, but have heard not to over water. Any hints on that would be GREATLY appreciated. This weekend I also got a library card. What a great place for a broke 28 year old! I checked out two novels and am waiting for a book called "Vegetable Gardening in Virginia". You can also check out movies and CDs. Wow! My generation has totally missed this secret. And, it's quiet in there. The pics below are from the beautiful blooming flowers in my yard and on my street that I see every day. The rest are from the market and parade. Yes-those ladies in pink are Jazzercisers that performed a live class in the parade. Hilarious to see for a current aerobics instructor!!!

4 Comments:

At April 29, 2009 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

Good Morning, Thanks for the post. Wish I could see Va. springtime. The flowers are beautiful. The parade looks like fun. Looks like a great farmers market too. You live in a great place. Love, Mom

 
At April 29, 2009 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Erin, I heart your blog. It gives me a lil' piece of the South and nature all in one :)

 
At April 30, 2009 at 9:38 AM , Blogger CAM said...

Your posts brighten my day :) The library card is genius! I'm vowing to not by anymore books, at my present broke state, and either read what I have or utilize the library- you're my inspiration (sing it w/me now), "you're my inspiration. . . ." Love you-Corby

 
At May 3, 2009 at 6:43 AM , Blogger Erin Harvey said...

Haha Corbs! Love the shout out and now I have that song in my head! I love that you and Tiff have commented here. Talk about making my day! Miss you both. Love you-Erin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home