Sunday, May 10, 2009

Just say no to drugs and use Spring instead!











Internet is finally working! So sorry for the delay in update folks. Sundays are my usual time to catch you up on what is happening, and no signal. Anyway, today I felt so rich: I had a place all to my own to sun bathe, garden, and transform a shed into a sunroom. If you count a sunroom being a room with two windows. For me, it is much added space where I actually have a table and chair to eat a meal on and a window view of the garden.

On a personal level, this past week was trying, but hence the title of this post: Spring makes it all better. The high today was 75, the sun finally came out and we didn't have any rain! What a positive way to end a hard week. The humidity was low and the rare breeze was lovely. I planted corn in my bathing suit...hot pink corn from Uncle Hughey. Hhmmmm. He must have requested the color just for me. Aunt Rhonda said it was to ward off the bugs, but I know. He knew the only corn fitting would be some with a little spunk.

Also, today I actually saw one of my, I don't know, 10 onion plants actually sprouting up! Although I was jealous of the neighbors who were all perfectly putting on a show next door..perfect in a row. I was excited to see one shooting up amongst what I think is weeds. I'm scared to pluck what I think is a weed out in case it might just be an onion. I am so glad that this was my major conflict of the day. Another treat: blue irises bloomed just for mother's day. As the sun kept shining, I really watched the blue ones get bigger and the yellow buds just bursting to pop out. Probably tomorrow. I am so thankful for my neighbor who got me into the gardening in the first place. She planted the irises and I love seeing them when I walk out of my door in the mornings!

Check out the pics of me in the garden, my patio, and my new "sunroom". 

3 Comments:

At May 11, 2009 at 6:04 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

Love the sunroom. Just what you needed. I can see your vegies growing. Mabye your neighbor could help you with identifying the weeds. We woke to more rain this morning. I'm so glad my garden is surrounded by concrete. I was on the front porch watching it rain and wishing I could hurry and walk the paths. I am praying for you today. God is Good All the Time. I really wished for you yesterday, but I know you are where you need to be. It is great to look around and count your blessings, Good Neigbors, Beautiful Flowers and even a new sunroom. Don't forge the veggie garden and the beautiful weather He sent yesterday. Gotta go, Love Mom

 
At May 19, 2009 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Kellie Berry said...

can i just say that i don't think i have ever seen anyone look so fashionable cutting the grass!

 
At May 25, 2009 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Erin Harvey said...

Um, Hello! I just saw this post KB! This is hilarious timing. My friend Sean started calling my Dansko's "grandma shoes". Really? Doesn't everyone where Dansko's?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home