Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One Wedding and a Funeral

Tonight I called my mom to tell her about the step-by-step guide I typed up for my Dad and nephew on how to get from BWI airport to my apartment in one piece-and she went on to tell me how my Dad needs to learn how to say "NO". I am immediately worried about him overcommitting himself when I am asking for so much for him to fly to DC and drive my car back like 16 hours to MS to sale it for me so I can actually get ahead in life and become important DC professional. So, my mom is like, "No, it's not that. He called me today on his way to another job and said, 'By the way, Allen D.'s wife called me today and asked if I could marry him and marry him quick. So, I told them to meet me over at the house at 1:00PM tomorrow afternoon.'" So I'm thinking how is Dad going to fit in a wedding during his full work day? My mom's like, "Oh no. He finished up today so that he could be through before his trip to visit you. All he has to do tomorrow is do that funeral for that lady in the church who died and then come back here to marry that couple, and then he's takin' off the rest of the day."

I got off the phone. I started putting two and two together and realized that this couple is most likely my mom and dad's age. I had to call back. Rinnng. Rinnng. "Dad, who is it you are marrying?" "You remember Allen D. His wife's dad tried to get married on Friday, but they didn't have the marriage license worked out or something. They are older people. Like me and your Mama's age. It's gonna be quick. I'm just gonna do a short service." I guess so since he'll be pretty tuckered out from services that day. The question of why the rush still remains. I mean, it isn't like she is PG, as my Mamaw used to call "you know what."

And I thought tonight was going to be a boring quiet night of watching my shows online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home