Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jazzercise took almost an hour of my life today.

I realize most of you might be asking, what does an important "Wellness Center Manager" do with the 8-9 hours a day that she is at work. Save lives? Change lives? Create lives? Most of the time, but today a whole hour of my day was taken up by D (should remain nameless), the Jazzercise Instructor (yes, I'm not making that up. Apparently, Jazzercise is still up and running...or two-stepping I should say.) I was trying to put out some flames started by this J-Lo looking lady who is FREAKING out that I want to offer a free 15 minute abs class. She's afraid that it might interfere with her Jazzercise. After 45 minutes of listening to her describe the class and how her best friend and her practice their routines in the basement ("You start with a low, then you move into low-medium, then medium, then medium-high, then high-medium, then high, then low, then low-medium. You know, so they can get there heart rate up and down safely.") Well, I got my heart rate up just trying to focus on our conversation. Imagine the class! At this point, my lunch that I had neglected for 45 minutes was calling out to me and my head was pounding. Oh, the drama of being in charge! I finally just cut her off and said, "I have to eat." By now they should all know that I eat every two hours and it had been about 2 1/2 at 1:18PM. She also informed me that the last instructor never taught classes because all she did was restock the candy dish on her desk and pop Snicker's bars all day. "Wow, Erin! What a day you had!," some of you might say. It didn't end there! The rest of the day I spent avoiding a lady who was mad that she couldn't "personal train" her clients anymore because I was there. When I had to ask my boss if there were rules against non-professionals training members, the conversation went something like this (made up names just in case these people figure out how to google): Erin: "Hi Boss, so what should we do about Laurie teaching classes and training members?" Boss: "Well, she knows it isn't supposed to be happening." "Mmm.Hmm. Um, by the way, have you met Laurie in person?" Boss (letting a laugh slip): "No, Erin. What are you trying to tell me?" "Well, honestly, her height and weight are really not in the norms according to the chart." Pause. Silence. Oh brother. For the record, I hate "charts", but if you are going to call yourself a personal trainer and teach abs class...well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home