Monday, July 6, 2009

ROANOKE: WEEK 1, WORK DAY 3


Oh the difference a day can make! You guys cheered me right up with all of your responses and I swear, if I didn't have the ability to laugh at myself I would stay stuck in that gloominess forever. What a great day at work! I was SO busy. There is SO much to do. Everyone has been so friendly and came up to the Penthouse (yes, the fitness center is on the PH. I push PH when I get on the elevator.) to welcome me. Probably really to check out the "new" girl, but still...it was a great day and I feel so incredible for the opportunity to do this! And, had a meeting with my boss today for an hour: she lives in Colorado. :) Her name is Roxanne Musselman. The first time I called to see if the job was still available I had been saying, "Roxanne MUSCLEMAN, Roxanne MUSCLEMAN" so when the woman answered the phone, you guessed it. "May I speak to Ms. Roxanne MUSCLEMAN please?" I mean, surely I am not the first person to make this mistake. She does work in fitness. 

Right now I am sitting on my porch listening to the birds chirp, there is a cool breeze and the chatter of neighbors near by. Blue sky, cotton candy clouds. And a feeling of contentment. Is this what it feels like? I have learned that these moments like this pass too quickly with all of the challenges that life brings us, but for today, ahhh....how nice.  

And just to think: about an hour ago when I left work, before my GPS kicked in, I turned right instead of left and this one mistake caused me to circle around some exit twice right before the nausea got to me and that darn lady finally quit screaming, "RECALCULATING. RECALCULATING." You would think they could program her to be more like, "Honey, you have driven to work and home three times now. You can do this. It is only 2.8 miles. Take a deep breath and think: how did you get home yesterday?" 

4 Comments:

At July 6, 2009 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Gordon Simonett said...

erinharvey!!!! awesome blog. looks like those chairs could use some company and a couple martinis :-) hope there's good times abound in the PH- haha.

 
At July 7, 2009 at 9:28 AM , Blogger CAM said...

I love those pink chairs and table! Glad you had a good day at work.

 
At July 7, 2009 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

HEY ERIN! ME AND AUNT JANICE ARE NEW TO THIS POSTING A COMMENT STUFF BUT HERE IT GOES. SO GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD DAY. LOVE THE PORCH. WANT TO SEE MORE PICTURES. OK, NOW WHAT DO I DO SO YOU CAN READ THIS. LET'S TRY THIS BUTTON

 
At July 7, 2009 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Erin Harvey said...

YEAH TO THE COMMENTS! And Aunt Rhonda...hilarious! Way to go you two!!! By the way...what is this I hear about you guys buying bathing suits with skirts? NOT necessary! You ladies are SMOKIN'!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home