Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Orange Tomatoes: Mom, can I just have Carbs for dinner?



Steve, one of the two facilities managers at my new job, both name Steve. Big Steve and Little Steve. Today was worth all of the flirting with Big  Steve when I got my light bulbs changed in the Women's Locker Room and had an email titled "veggies" when I opened my Outlook. All you have to do in this town is say TOMATO and the next thing you know...mmmm. I looked into the plastic bag. Green pepper, yellow squash, green tomatoes, orange tomato. Orange tomato? Riiinnng. Erin: "Steve."Steve: "Erin, I was just thinking about you." (no worries-he's hitched.) Do you have a helium balloon blower-upper and more importantly, what the heck am I supposed to do with this orange thing?" Steve: "It's a tomato." Erin: "I thought so, but can I eat it now?" Steve: "Oh yeah! You can eat it now....blankblankblank." Oh the things women put up with these days to get a good tomato and a light bulb. 

I came home and sliced that baby open and oh. my. gosh. YUMMY! Then I made orange bruschetta. I bet what's her name on the food channel (who has way smaller boobs than me, but somehow seems to show cleavage every episode) would be jealous. Enjoy! I sure did.

1 Comments:

At July 20, 2009 at 6:56 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Yum! I love your copy of Eat, Pray, Love just hanging out in the background too...ahh, love that book. Can't wait for the movie. Have you read Time Traveler's Wife...another must!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home